Apply to be a Fellow
We are excited to announce that we are now accepting applications for the 2018 cohort of our Appalachian Just Transition Fellowship!
The deadline to submit an application for the 2018 cohort of the Appalachia Transition Fellowship is January 15, 2018.
You can fill out and submit your application at: http://www.appfellows.org/fellow-application/. If you have any questions, would like more information about how you can be involved in the 2018 cycle, or to express interest in having a conversation about becoming an AppFellow for the 2018 cohort, please email our team at email@example.com.
If you are committed to building a just and sustainable Appalachia, you can join a select group of emerging leaders from across the region in the Appalachian Transition Fellowship. The fellowship is a community partnership of innovative regional organizations, institutions, and other emerging leaders. The program is designed to be a full-time, 12-month program.
The selection process is based on the following criteria:
- Dedicated to the Central Appalachian Region
- Demonstrated creativity and innovation in their work or field of study
- Serious about a career that will support the transition to a sustainable and equitable region
- Interest in supporting economic development programs
- Strong collaboration, teamwork, and group decision-making skills
- Commitment to working in rural areas
- Willingness to participate in year-long activities, including: seven skill workshops, four regional gatherings with host organizations, one-on-one and small group coaching
1) Applicants complete an online application form.
2) Applicants mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Highlander Center :
(1) resume (no more than 2 pages)
(2) three letters of recommendation
(3) a signed commitment and responsibility declaration
Click here for instructions and forms